Herbs, waxy green apples, sweet vanilla oak, passion fruit and grapefruit nose. Oak is dominant now but bright citrus fruit beneath. Good complexity.
Decanter Magazine, April 2011
...deliciously peachy 2010 Tormentoso Chenin Blanc Reserve from Man Vintners in South Africa (£9.55; 13.5% abv), which I discovered at the newly revamped Great Western Wine shop in Bath...
Fiona Beckett, The Guardian, May 2011
Grapes were hand-harvested from bush vine vineyards on Malmesbury shale soils. 40% of the wine was fermented in new 225L USA oak barrels and matured for 5 months on the lees; stirring for the first couple of months added richness and structure to the wine. Remaining 60% was fermented at 13-14°C in stainless steel tanks using selected wine yeasts to maintain fermentation aromas. Fined and filtered before bottling with screwcap closures.