General Delivery Information
We're passionate about making sure your wine arrives on time and in pristine condition. When you checkout you can select whether you collect your wine from our shop, or have it delivered. Most orders are delivered within four working days but please say if you require quicker delivery as this can usually be achieved. Delivery will be made Monday to Friday, but if you require delivery on a Saturday or at a specific time this can be arranged for an additional charge.
FREE delivery on orders of £100+ per UK mainland address
Delivery costs £7.50 per address on orders less than £100 per UK mainland address
Saturday, weekday timed deliveries, UK Islands and European deliveries are available. Please view special delivery options below or call us to arrange special delivery services on 01225 322810.
All deliveries are made on our own vans or via our carrier UK Mail’s dedicated wine delivery service. Delivery is guaranteed, fully insured and checked to make sure a proof of delivery is received for every parcel we send.
Our carrier will attempt to deliver the wine twice. If the recipient fails to accept the delivery or to respond to the calling cards, the wine will be returned to Great Western Wine. We unfortunately have to charge for delivery again if you need us to resend the wine. Every effort will be made to ensure the wine is delivered first time. However it is the recipient's responsibility to communicate convenient delivery dates to Great Western Wine or to our courier.
Special Delivery Options
The following delivery services are not available on our website, but can be arranged by calling us on 01225 322810.
• UK mainland next day by 9am timed parcel delivery: £10.00 per 1-12 bottles
• UK mainland by 12 noon Saturday timed parcel delivery: £10.00 per 1-12 bottles
• Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles, Isle of Man, Scottish Islands parcel delivery: £15.00 per 1-12 bottles
• UK mainland delivery to a bonded warehouse: £25.00 irrespective of quantity
• Zone 1 parcel delivery, additional 5 day delivery turnaround: £35 per 1-12 bottles - (Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland)
• Zone 2 parcel delivery, additional 5 day delivery turnaround: £40 per 1-12 bottles - (Austria, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden)
• Zone 3 parcel delivery, additional 10 day delivery turnaround: £45 per 1-12 bottles - (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Sardinia / Sicily, Norway, Poland, Serbia)
• Zone 4 parcel delivery, additional 10 day delivery turnaround: £60 per 1-12 bottles - (Baelerics, Belarus, Lithuania, Madeira)
Please note that additional costs (tax, duty etc.) may be levied by the destination Customs and Excise Services, and that it is your responsibility to pay for any additional costs applied to your order once the wine reaches the destination country.
Please note that we do not deliver to non EU countries (including Americas), but can put you into contact with our wineries who may offer this service - with their own wines only. Please email us if you would like further information firstname.lastname@example.org.